There are definitely a lot of options out there when it comes to online content management systems (CMS) – WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and so many others. But if you ask us, WordPress is hands down the best system out there. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to launch a personal blog, a small business website, an ecommerce store or a brand site for an international corporation. The basic platform gives you everything you need to customize and build the perfect website for your needs.
Blah, blah, blah – right?
We get it. The technical aspect of building a great website to host your content can seem daunting if you don’t have a strong IT or web development background. It’s occasionally daunting to those who do understand the intricacies of the world wide web.
HTML talk aside, here are some of the reasons you should really put your faith in WordPress:
- It’s easy to use. That’s not to say we expect you to become an expert at all things web design, but if you need to get into your website to publish a new blog or tweak an image, someone within your organization will be able to do so with relative ease.
- You can start small. You don’t have to run out right away and pay a web developer to create a custom theme from scratch. The basic WordPress platform is FREE and there are thousands of themes out there for you to choose from. This means even business owners on a small budget can start with a basic theme layout and then upgrade or have someone design something extra fancy later on.
- WordPress + SEO = BFFs. WordPress is an excellent CMS for business owners and entrepreneurs who are new to the world of search engine optimization (SEO). The platform incorporates some basic functions that can be used to make sure search engine bots are finding your site. You’ll also find a ton of different SEO plug-ins you can use for more advanced optimization.
- Safety and Security. The developers at WordPress take security seriously. They regularly make upgrades to the base platform to patch any holes and address security concerns. These updates, combined with your favorite monitoring and security plug-ins, definitely give you a leg up when it comes to protecting your data.
- Mobile Responsiveness. In today’s world, your website has to be mobile friendly in order to succeed. You used to have to build two separate versions of your website in order to get by. Most of today’s WordPress themes are automatically designed to look great from any device.
- eCommerce functionality. Want to build an online store or simply add a store page to your site’s design? Plug-ins like WoCommerce, WoonderShop and more make it easy to start selling online without the need for advanced HTML coding.
- Social Integration. Want to build a forum or membership site? You can do that, too. Plugins like BuddyPress make it simple to build online communities, whether you need to build something for your team or for your customers.
- Easy Split Testing. It’s easy to integrate third-party apps, so doing A/B testing on your landing pages and marketing campaigns makes gathering the data you need to improve your website a breeze.
- Reliability. There’s a reason WordPress usually tops CMS lists. According to a Kinsta study, 34% of all websites worldwide are on WordPress and the platform represents 60% of CMS sites. WordPress continues to grow and remains one of the most reliable, well-supported tools available to online entrepreneurs.
We could go on and on all day, but let’s just say there are a whole lot of really good reasons we build all of our own sites on WordPress. We encourage you to give it a shot, too.
Let us know how we can help!